Brunello di Montalcino DOCG
- Tasting Notes
- ColorIntense ruby red color.
- NoseOn the nose it shows alluring aromas of ripe red berriesand delicate spices.
- FlavorOn the palate the full body is gratifying and persistent, withoutstanding minerality. Remarkable tannins, soft and creamy in texture, conferconcentration and aging potential to this wine.
Toscana At a Glance
Region Name Toscana
Chianti, Brunello di Montepulciano, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano and Super Tuscans from Bolgheri are some of the most famous wines in the world and adored by collectors, and they all hail from the gorgeous region of Tuscany.
Press & Reviews
- Score: 92 Vintage 2014 James Suckling“Complex aromas of plums, fresh leather and flowers follow through to a medium to full body, firm and chewy tannins and a juicy finish. Solid still. Drink or hold.” Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 94 Vintage 2013 Wine & Spirits Magazine“Sergio Marchetti and his family became owners of this small estate near Tavernelle, southwest of Montalcino, when the former owner gifted the land to him. Marchetti continues to manage the ten vineyard acres while his son-in-law, Adriano Bambagioni, makes the wines. The estat’es 2013 Brunello is immensely appealing, plush with soft cherry fruit and tarragon notes wrapped in fine, firm tannins. The wine takes on notes of damp earth and subtle spices as it sits in the glass, feeling cool and balanced.” Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 92 Vintage 2013 Vinous Media“Good deep ruby-red. Spicy aromas of blackberry, licorice and coffee. Ripe, lush and deep, showing lovely lift to the violet, licorice and dark berry flavors, this finishes firmly structured and long on the aftertaste. Seems a little clenched to me in the midpalate and needs years in the cellar to expand fully.” Full Review