Rocca di Frassinello
- Tasting Notes
- ColorIntense ruby red color.
- NoseSweet red berries, roses and licorice are among the aromas and flavors that emerge from this great red
- FlavorPolish and supremely elegant personality. Great structure with a pleasant long finish
Toscana At a Glance
Region Name Toscana
Chianti, Brunello di Montepulciano, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano and Super Tuscans from Bolgheri are some of the most famous wines in the world and adored by collectors, and they all hail from the gorgeous region of Tuscany.
Press & Reviews
- Score: 89 Vintage 2017 Wine EnthusiastAromas of black-skinned berry, underbrush and espresso lead the nose on this blend of Sangiovese, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon. Mirroring the nose, the solid, concentrated palate offers ripe black plum, tobacco and roasted coffee bean alongside firm tannins. Shelf Talker
- Score: 94 Vintage 2016 Vinous Media“The 2016 Rocca di Frassinello is superb. In fact, the 2016 may be one of the very best vintages of this wine I have ever tasted. Fresh, nuanced and beautifully delineated, the 2016 is all class. Dark cherry, chocolate and spice are some of the many nuances that open up in the glass, but more than anything else, the 2016 is a wine of balance and total harmony, with all of its elements already in harmony. The blend is 60% Sangioveto, 20% Merlot and 20% Cabernet Sauvignon.” Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 92 Vintage 2016 Wine Spectator“Exudes smoke, black cherry and blackberry fruit, allied to a rich, muscular frame. Ripe and spicy, with sweet fruit offsetting the dense tannins. Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot. Drink now through 2025. 3,000 cases made.” -Bruce Sanderson Full Review