- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorDeep ruby red color.
- NoseThe nose is intense and complex with charming scents of cherry liqueur, violet, star anise, dried leaves and blueberries.
- FlavorOn the palate it is well-structured and well-balanced, with smooth tannins and a very long finish.
Piemonte At a Glance
Region Name Piemonte
Piedmont is one of the top wine regions in Italy, as the land of Barolo and Barbaresco, even though these mega-popular wines only account for 3% of the region’s wine production.
Press & Reviews
- Score: 92 Vintage 2015 Wine SpectatorFresh, offering cherry, strawberry, rose and white pepper aromas and flavors. Graceful, yet with ample grip on the long, dense and dusty finish. Captures the best of the vintage. Best from 2022 through 2040. 2,100 cases made, 1,200 cases imported. Full Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2014 Wine Spectator“Sweet ripe cherry and strawberry flavors are accented by leather, hay and licorice notes in this light-bodied red, which is balanced and elegant, ending in a moderately long finish. Best from 2021 through 2035. 2,083 cases made, 800 cases imported.” Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2014 Wine Advocate“The 2014 Barolo is characteristic of the vintage. This is a mid-weight Nebbiolo with bright aromas of candied cherry, cola, licorice and moist potting soil. These aromas come together with careful precision, and although the wine is compact in texture, it leaves a long and satisfying trail of silky, smooth tannins.” Shelf Talker Full Review