Finca La Papay Malbec
Red • 100% Malbec
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorIntense red color with purple highlights
- NoseAromas of red fruit such as fresh raspberries, plums and cherries.
- FlavorOn the palate, it is intensely fruity with hints of violets and vanilla contributed by the wood. Complex wine with a good structure and soft tannins.
Press & Reviews
- Score: 88 Vintage NA Vinous Media“(14.2% alcohol; spent two months in second-use oak barrels): Bright full red. A note of chocolatey reduction to the aromas of cherry and smoked meat, with a rose petal topnote providing lift. A bit lower-toned in the mouth, but with good stuffing and depth to its slightly subdued flavors of cassis, plum, earth and smoky oak. A rather Burgundian style of Malbec with a persistent finish. Drink 2018- 2021.” - Stephen Tanze Full Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2016 James Suckling“Dark-berry, walnut and orange-peel aromas follow through to a medium to full body, firm and silky tannins and a savory finish. Pretty balance of fruit, tannin and acidity here. Drink now.” - James Suckling Full Review
- Score: 88 Vintage 2016 Vinous Media“Bright ruby-red. Musky, slightly reduced scents and flavors of blackberry, raspberry, mocha and espresso, with a leathery nuance and a hint of nutty oak. Rather suave Malbec with good definition and inner-mouth lift. Finishes with firm tannins and lingering dark berry fruit. Juicy, energetic and appealing for a 2016 Malbec, with no shortage of texture.” -Stephen Tanzer Full Review