Red • 60% Malbec, 40% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorIntense purplish red color.
- NoseFruity aromas such as ripe plums and blackberries accompanied by a subtle hint of vanilla
- FlavorOn the palate, flavors of marmalade, spices and toast after being aged in French oak barrels. Unctuous wine with a long-lasting finish.
Press & Reviews
- Score: 87 Vintage 2015 Vinous Media“(14.6% alcohol; aged for 15 months in new and once-used French and American oak barrels): Bright red-ruby. Slightly reduced aromas of black raspberry and mocha are currently dominated by smoky oak. The sweetest of these current releases from Bodega Malbec at 3.88 g/l r.s. but without quite the depth of flavor of the early 2017 releases. Offers intriguing soil tones but the tannins turn a bit green and dry. Not bad, but could use more life in the mouth. Drink 2019 - 2022. ” - Stephen Tanzer Full Review
- Score: 89 Vintage 2012 James Suckling“This is a little jammy with attractive berry and fig character. Medium to full body, simple finish. A bit short. Drink now.” - James Suckling Full Review
- Score: 89 Vintage 2012 James Suckling Shelf Talker