Montepulciano d’Abruzzo DOC
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- Color Deep ruby red color, little transparency
- Nose Intense, clean and pleasing aromas of black cherry, blueberry, plum, carob and violet followed by pleasing aromas of walnut-husk
- FlavorGood balance, agreeable tannins, good body and intense flavors
Abruzzo At a Glance
Region Name Abruzzo
The Abruzzo region has the Apennines running along its western border, is next to Molise to the south, Marche to the north and Lazio to the west.
More than 22 million cases of wine are produced annually in Abruzzo, making it the seventh most productive region in Italy, but only 21.5% of which are made under the Denominazione di Origine Controllata (DOC) designation.
Press & Shelf Talkers
- Score: 88 Vintage 2016 Wine EnthusiastLifted notes of mentholated herbs and small red berries carry the bright, crisp nose. It's silken in feel on entry, lifted by juicy acidity and polished tannins. A core of tart red berries abounds on the palate, with a dusting of crushed minerals and a slight grip of tannins on the finish. Shelf Talker Full Review
- Vintage NA Wine Enthusiast Shelf Talker Full Review