Passerina Terre di Chieti IGT
- Tasting Notes
- ColorStraw yellow
- NoseMature fruits, yellow flowers and hints of spice
- FlavorPleasantly dry and full
Abruzzo At a Glance
Region Name Abruzzo
The Abruzzo region has the Apennines running along its western border, is next to Molise to the south, Marche to the north and Lazio to the west.
More than 22 million cases of wine are produced annually in Abruzzo, making it the seventh most productive region in Italy, but only 21.5% of which are made under the Denominazione di Origine Controllata (DOC) designation.
Press & Shelf Talkers
- Score: 87 Vintage 2018 Wine EnthusiastAromas of fresh spring blossoms, candied lemon peel and melon rind carry the nose. The palate shows a pleasing roundness, with a mix of tart citrus and apple flavors. It's a fine, zesty drop that would be delightful alone or alongside fresh salads and grilled poultry. Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 88 Vintage NA Wine Enthusiast“A fresh, vibrant nose of yellow apple, pineapple rind and crushed stone translates to the light- to medium-bodied palate. Bright acidity carries these flavors to a crisp, clean finish.” Shelf Talker Full Review
- Vintage NA Wine Enthusiast Shelf Talker