Tritáno Montepulciano d’Abruzzo DOC
- Tasting Notes
- ColorRuby red with violet hints
- NoseIntense with notes of dark fruit such as currants and blackberries with subtle hints of chocolate and mint
- FlavorExcellent structure with sweet tannins
Abruzzo At a Glance
Region Name Abruzzo
The Abruzzo region has the Apennines running along its western border, is next to Molise to the south, Marche to the north and Lazio to the west.
More than 22 million cases of wine are produced annually in Abruzzo, making it the seventh most productive region in Italy, but only 21.5% of which is made under the Denominazione di origine controllata (DOC) designation.
Press & Reviews
- Score: 88 Vintage 2015 Wine Advocate“Soft and luscious, the 2015 Montepulciano d’Abruzzo Tritàno is a great wine to pair with easy pasta dishes with sweet tomato and salty Parmigiano cheese. This is a simple and genuine wine that delivers the power and the intensity of the Montepulciano grape. The variety is also yielding in terms of its tannic structure, and that’s what makes this red so food friendly and accessible.” Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 87 Vintage 2013 Wine Enthusiast“Aromas of ripe black-skinned berry and a whiff of cooking spice lift out of the glass. The solid straightforward palate offers black currant, dried cherry and clove framed in seasoned tannins.” Kerin O’Keefe Shelf Talker Full Review
- Vintage NA Wine Enthusiast Shelf Talker