Missoni Cabernet Sauvignon Terre Siciliane IGT
- Tasting Notes
- ColorDeep ruby red
- NoseIntense fruity nose of cherry, raspberry and elegant spices.
- FlavorOnthe palate it is full bodied and round, with noteworthy tannic depth and a greatelegance.
Sicilia At a Glance
Region Name Sicilia
Sicily is Italy’s southernmost region, and the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. For more than 2500 years Sicily (Sicilia in Italian) has been a significant center of Mediterranean viniculture, although the reputation and style of its wines has changed significantly over that time.
Press & Reviews
- Score: 91 Vintage 2016 Vinous Media“Good medium red. Deeply pitched but rather fresh aromas of cassis, cocoa, smoke, coffee and underbrush, with a balsamic nuance adding appeal. Plump and rich on entry, then austere in the middle, boasting noteworthy palate presence to the blackberry, cedar and coffee flavors. Finishes long with good energy and lift, and with serious fine-grained tannins saturating the cheek and gums and revealing a complicating note of tar on the long back end. By Italian standards a rather remarkably good Cabernet Sauvignon that can actually compete with better world wines made with this variety.” -Ian D’Agata Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 87 Vintage NA James Suckling“A big red with aromas of black cherries and plenty of vanilla. Full body, chewy tannins and a medium finish. Drink now.” Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2015 Wine Spectator“A well-spiced, supple version, with creamy tannins married to expressive flavors of fig cake, raspberry puree, dried thyme and singed orange peel. This is medium to full-bodied, lingering on the mouthwatering finish. Drink now through 2025. 1,166 cases made.” Shelf Talker Full Review