Valentino Merlot Terre Siciliane IGT
- Tasting Notes
- ColorDeep ruby red
- NoseEarthy and vegetal nose of black olive with notes of blackfruit and ample spices underneath.
- FlavorGood structure with a elegant, welcomingcharacter, and a fruity and spicy lingering finish.
Sicilia At a Glance
Region Name Sicilia
Sicily is Italy’s southernmost region, and the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. For more than 2500 years Sicily (Sicilia in Italian) has been a significant center of Mediterranean viniculture, although the reputation and style of its wines has changed significantly over that time.
Press & Reviews
- Score: 87 Vintage 2016 James Suckling“A reductive wine with aromas of dried strawberries and caramel. Medium to full body, chewy tannins and an easy finish. Rustic.” Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 89 Vintage 2015 Wine Spectator“The baked black cherry and fig fruit is laced with citrus zest, dried dill and spice box notes in this fresh, medium bodied red, while chewy tannins firm the smoke-tinged finish. Drink now through 2025. 1,166 cases made.” Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 88 Vintage 2014 Wine Advocate“The 2014 Merlot Valentino is packed with lush cherry flavors that are both sweet and chewy. Valentino is the quintessential hot climate Merlot that replaces subdued elegance with thicker lines, deeper colors and more robust consistency. The wine delivers immediate pleasure and flavors. It is simple and heavy in fruit.” Shelf Talker Full Review