Versace Nero d’Avola Terre Siciliane IGT
- Tasting Notes
- ColorDeep ruby red
- NoseComplex and intense nose with notes of red fruit, currants,blueberries and cherries, together with dark spicy and toasty sensations comingfrom the aging in oak.
- FlavorRich, structured and velvety sip with a polished aftertasteof fruit and sweet spice.
Sicilia At a Glance
Region Name Sicilia
Sicily is Italy’s southernmost region, and the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. For more than 2500 years Sicily (Sicilia in Italian) has been a significant center of Mediterranean viniculture, although the reputation and style of its wines has changed significantly over that time.
Press & Reviews
- Score: 91 Vintage 2016 Vinous Media“Good medium red-ruby. Deeply pitched, liqueur-like aromas of red cherry nectar, cocoa, coffee, smoke, and nuts, with a balsamic nuance adding appeal. Then also rich in the mouth, but livelier and fresher than the nose, with the sappy, seamless raspberry and strawberry flavors nicely framed by powdery tannins. Insidiously sweet and filled in, the serious fine-grained tannins saturate the cheek and gums, closing long with a peppery element.” -Ian D’Agata Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 88 Vintage 2016 James Suckling“Very sweet blackberry aroma (from slightly overripe fruit), moderate depth and softness that makes it easy to drink. Rather obvious, though. Drink now.” Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 92 Vintage 2015 Vinous Media“Bright red-ruby. Fruity nose offers ripe blueberry, red cherry and pomegranate, with notes of violet in the deep background. Fine grained and aromatic in the mouth, this politely styled Nero d’Avola is both focused and energetic. Finishes classically dry, bright and juicy, with outstanding length without letting on. It has 14% alcohol. Well done.” Shelf Talker Full Review