Pinot Grigio Isonzo del Friuli DOC
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorBright straw yellow color
- NoseThe bouquet is reminescent of crusty bread, acaciablossoms and ripe tropical fruits.
- FlavorOn the palate it is fruity, silky, soft and roundwith an elegant long lasting finish.
Friuli Venezia Giulia At a Glance
Region Name Friuli Venezia Giulia
In Friuli Venezia Giulia, most of the best vineyards are located in the southeastern part of the region facing Alpine foothills’ slopes. Here the vines benefit from direct sunlight and a complex climatic intersection of the warm Mediterranean influence of the Adriatic Sea coupled with the cooling breezes from the Julian Alps.
Press & Shelf Talkers
- Score: 87 Vintage 2017 Wine Spectator“A snappy, light- to medium-bodied white, with smoke and stone notes accenting the melon and star fruit flavors. Lively. Drink now. 3,583 cases made.” -Alison Napjus Full Review
- Score: 92 Vintage 2016 James Suckling“Beautifully rich with dried apricot and pear character. Full body and tangy. Just the right acid and fruit balance. Spicy finish. Drink now.” Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 87 Vintage 2016 Wine Advocate“This is a textbook Pinot Grigio, for sure, but this value wine offers more volume and substance compared to many of its peers. The 2016 vintage has brought the fruit to very successful ripening. The 2016 Isonzo del Friuli Pinot Grigio reveals honeydew melon, Golden Delicious apple and pear-like aromas. The wine is zesty and fresh on the close.” Shelf Talker Full Review