Chardonnay Friuli Isonzo DOC
- Tasting Notes
- ColorBright straw yellow color
- NoseIntense and complex nose with aromas of vanilla,citrus, ripe golden apple, and hints of toasted coconut.
- FlavorOn the palate it is fresh,rich, well balanced with a persistent mineral finish.
Friuli Venezia Giulia At a Glance
Region Name Friuli Venezia Giulia
In Friuli Venezia Giulia most of the vineyards are located in the southern half of the region facing slopes of the Alps foothills where they can benefit from the most direct sunlight to go along with the night-time cool breezes from the Adriatic.
Press & Reviews
- Score: 94 Vintage 2016 James Suckling“Lemon and apple curd, nutmeg, cloves, vanilla, pie crust, dried apricots and papaya. Full-bodied and very textured with a butteriness, but forthright acidity that carries this through to a creamy finish. Drink now.” Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2016 Wine Spectator“Light- to medium-bodied and harmonious, with a lightly juicy, round frame for flavors of poached peach, quince paste, jasmine and pastry. Offers a creamy, spiced finish. Drink now through 2023. 4,500 cases made.” Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2015 Vinous Media“Bright golden-tinged straw yellow. Sweet, tropical fruit aromas of banana and orchard fruit. Sweet, pliant and generous, with lovely depth of tropical and buttery flavors. A big, ripe wine, but fresh and lively thanks to brisk acidity. Finishes long with good acidfruit balance and a slightly syrupy quality.” Full Review