Ciampagnis Chardonnay Friuli Isonzo DOC
- Tasting Notes
- ColorBright straw yellow color
- NoseThe nose is intense with juicy notes of citrusfruits and apple, together with sweet notes of crystalized honey and lemonmeringue.
- FlavorOn the palate it is rich, fresh, medium to full bodied, with a mineraland flavorful finish.
Friuli Venezia Giulia At a Glance
Region Name Friuli Venezia Giulia
In Friuli Venezia Giulia most of the vineyards are located in the southern half of the region facing slopes of the Alps foothills where they can benefit from the most direct sunlight to go along with the night-time cool breezes from the Adriatic.
Press & Reviews
- Score: 88 Vintage 2017 Vinous MediaBright yellow-gold. Smoky, spice-accented nose hints at poached banana, yellow melon, and honey, with a hint of chamomile in the background. Fleshy and smooth on the palate, offering slightly chunky orchard and spice fruit flavors. Finishes a little diffuse, but with decent length. Shelf Talker
- Score: 93 Vintage 2016 James Suckling“Lemon and lime zest, green paprika, white nectarines and cherry blossom. Medium body, taut acidity and a steely, tight finish. Drink now.” Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2016 Wine & Spirits Magazine“This exuberantly floral chardonnay is fermented and aged in stainless steel and doesn’t go through malolactic conversion. It’s intensely fruity for an Old World chardonnay, with zippy acidity that drives the mango and pineapple flavors in a vertical direction, and a bright spray of tangerine that balances the ample alcohol.”-Stephanie Johnson Full Review