Dessimis Pinot Grigio Friuli Isonzo DOC
- Tasting Notes
- ColorSlightly pink in color (ramato style)
- NoseThe nose is fine, with delicate notes ofcrushed flowers, sweet red berries, peach and a hint of citrus fruit.
- FlavorOn thepalate it is fresh with a full body and some tannins that add persistence andstructure.
Friuli Venezia Giulia At a Glance
Region Name Friuli Venezia Giulia
In Friuli Venezia Giulia most of the vineyards are located in the southern half of the region facing slopes of the Alps foothills where they can benefit from the most direct sunlight to go along with the night-time cool breezes from the Adriatic.
Press & Reviews
- Score: 93 Vintage 2016 James Suckling“Vivid peach pit, red guavas, cloves, dried rose petals, lavender, dried herbs and nutmeg. Full body, a very phenolic and oily texture with loads of red-apple flavors and a textured finish. Drink now.” Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2016 Wine Spectator“This rich Pinot Grigio is a pale salmon color, with toasty, smoke and oak spice accents and a minerally underpinning layered with flavors of apricot and lemon meringue pie. Balanced by lively acidity, this is round and lingering on the finish. Drink now through 2021. 4,325 cases made.” Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 92 Vintage 2015 Vinous Media“Pale salmon pink. Vanilla and sweet spices complicate ripe orchard fruit on the straightforward but precise nose. Ripe and creamy in the mouth, with flavors similar to the aromas, with a multilayered quality and outstanding length. A strong saline nuance emerges at the back. Very well done, this big wine stays light on its feet and invites you to take one sip after another.” Full Review