Flors di Uis Friuli Isonzo DOC
- Tasting Notes
- ColorBright straw yellow color
- NoseCharming aromatic bouquet of white flowers, golden apple,apricot, pear, honey, with mineral and citrus sensations.
- FlavorOn the palate thegraceful flavors of Riesling and Malvasia Istriana melt perfectly with the weightand texture of Friulano. Firm acidity and and a clean, rich finish.
Friuli Venezia Giulia At a Glance
Region Name Friuli Venezia Giulia
In Friuli Venezia Giulia most of the vineyards are located in the southern half of the region facing slopes of the Alps foothills where they can benefit from the most direct sunlight to go along with the night-time cool breezes from the Adriatic.
Press & Reviews
- Score: 95 Vintage 2017 James SucklingSliced apples and limes with hints of honey and lemon tea. Full body. Very intense flavors with powerful acidity and brightness on the palate. Flavorful finish. Drink or hold. Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2016 James Suckling“There’s quite a lot of candied-apple character on the nose, even though the dried florals are attractive and spicy. Medium to full body, bright acidity and a textured finish. Drink now.” Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2016 Wine Spectator“Light-bodied and lithe, this balanced white shows exotic hints of lychee and kiwifruit, with melon, lime granita, wet stone and ground ginger flavors. Bright and mouthwatering on the lingering finish. Malvasia Istriana, Friulano and Rhein Riesling. Drink now through 2023. 1,941 cases made.” Shelf Talker Full Review