Piere Sauvignon Blanc Friuli Isonzo DOC
- Tasting Notes
- ColorBright straw yellow color
- NoseThe nose is elegant and complex with mineral notes andripe aromas of citrus and exotic fruits, together with fresh hints of sage and lemonverbena.
- FlavorThe sip is full, fresh and persistent with a pleasant finish of mint, lime andminerals.
Friuli Venezia Giulia At a Glance
Region Name Friuli Venezia Giulia
In Friuli Venezia Giulia most of the vineyards are located in the southern half of the region facing slopes of the Alps foothills where they can benefit from the most direct sunlight to go along with the night-time cool breezes from the Adriatic.
Press & Reviews
- Score: 94 Vintage 2016 James Suckling“Wonderful sliced-grapefruit and mango aromas with some peach, too. Full-bodied, layered and dense, yet always fresh and energetic. A glorious wine. Drink now.” Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2016 Wine Spectator“Expressive chive blossom, lemon curd, white peach and pink grapefruit granita notes are set in this light- to medium-bodied white, backed by sleek acidity. Clean-cut and zesty, with a mineral-tinged finish. Drink now through 2021.” Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2015 Wine & Spirits Magazine“Piere, vinified entirely in stainless steel, shows more pronounced herbal notes than its barrel-aged sibling, Vieris (also recommended here). Notes of white asparagus and dandelion greens punctuate the wine’s flavors of kiwi and lime. The wine’s herbal tones are a little intense, but appealing flavors of honeyed white grapefruit emerge over time, propelled by mouthwatering acidity that will keep the flavors fresh as they come together over the next year”. -Stephanie Johnson Full Review