Orvieto Umbria Superiore DOC
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorBright straw yellow
- NoseBroad, floral scents of yellow flowers with a hint of citrus and tropical fruit.
- FlavorIn the mouth, it has a broad, complex, fruity and enduring taste with a refreshing finish.
Umbria At a Glance
Region Name Umbria
Bordering on Tuscany and right above Rome is the lesser-known and lesser-traveled region of Umbria. Without access to either the sea or international borders, it is affectionately referred to as the “green heart of Italy.”
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2020||Vinous Media||87||Aug 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Wine Spectator||90||Nov 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Wine Spectator||88||Nov 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 87 Vintage 2020 Vinous Media Sweet melon and yellow apple waft up from the 2020 Orvieto, enriched by a hint of mulling spice. This is soft and fleshy in feel, balanced by bright acidity and mineral-tinged orchard fruits. Hints of green citrus linger, along with a salty flourish, as the 2020 finishes with medium length. This is a blend of Grechetto, Procanico, Malvasia, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2018 Wine Spectator Clean-cut acidity defines this lightly fleshy, light- to medium-bodied white, which laces ripe Asian pear and melon fruit flavors with hints of elderflower, spice and pink grapefruit pith, creating a pleasingly bitter chime on the finish. Drink now through 2023. 1,250 cases made, 50 cases imported. –AN Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 88 Vintage 2018 Wine Spectator This zesty, light-bodied white offers layers of ground white pepper, pink grapefruit zest and fresh tarragon notes, with flavors of nectarine, star fruit and stony mineral. A bright and lively lip-smacker. Trebbiano Toscano, Grechetto, Chardonnay, Viognier and Sauvignon Blanc. Drink now through 2021. 1,666 cases made, 900 cases imported. –AN Shelf Talker Full Page Review