Nero d’Avola Terre Siciliane IGT
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorRuby red color with purple shades.
- NoseOn the nose it has typical aromas of thevarietal, such as black cherry, blackberry and plum.
- FlavorThe wine has smooth tanninsand nice red fruit flavors on the palate.
Sicilia At a Glance
Region Name Sicilia
Sicily is Italy’s southernmost region and the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. For more than 2500 years, Sicily (Sicilia in Italian) has been a significant center of Mediterranean viniculture, although the reputation and style of its wines have changed significantly over that time.
Press & Shelf Talkers
- Score: 92 Vintage 2018 James SucklingGood freshness and composure on the nose with black raspberries and citrus. Medium-bodied, juicy and spicy with a fine overlay of firm tannins. Drink now. Shelf Talker
- Score: 92 Vintage 2016 James Suckling“Although this has a dense, elderberry nose, it somehow remains rather cool and fresh. There’s also a very satisfying balance of fruit and ripe tannins that con Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 86 Vintage 2015 Wine Spectator“A round, easy-drinking red, with cherry coulis and raspberry fruit and mocha and spice notes. Chewy finish. Drink now. 8,333 cases made.” Shelf Talker Full Review