Nero d’Avola Terre Siciliane IGT
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorRuby red color with purple shades.
- NoseOn the nose it has typical aromas of thevarietal, such as black cherry, blackberry and plum.
- FlavorThe wine has smooth tanninsand nice red fruit flavors on the palate.
Sicily At a Glance
Region Name Sicily
Sicily is Italy’s southernmost region and the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. For more than 2500 years, Sicily (Sicilia in Italian) has been a significant center of Mediterranean viniculture, although the reputation and style of its wines have changed significantly over that time.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2019||Vinous Media||87||Jun 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||James Suckling||92||Nov 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Wine Spectator||88||Mar 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||Wine Spectator||89||Mar 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 87 Vintage 2019 Vinous Media Peppery herbs and florals mix with a note of freshly sliced plum as the 2019 Nero d'Avola opens up in the glass. It’s soft and fleshy in feel, matching ripe black fruits with sweet spices and nervous acidity. Notes of cedar and tobacco linger long, as this finishes a bit chewy and dry. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 92 Vintage 2018 James Suckling Good freshness and composure on the nose with black raspberries and citrus. Medium-bodied, juicy and spicy with a fine overlay of firm tannins. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 88 Vintage 2018 Wine Spectator A fresh and balanced, medium-bodied red, with dried marjoram and lavender notes winding a fragrant thread through flavors of roasted plum and fig, toast and iron. Drink now. 5,500 cases made, 1,000 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 89 Vintage 2017 Wine Spectator Licorice, leather and graphite notes form a finely woven, aromatic thread in this fresh, balanced and medium-bodied red, layered with crushed black cherry, smoky mineral and cured tobacco notes. Light tannins firm the finish. Drink now through 2025. Shelf Talker Full Page Review