Nero d’Avola Terre Siciliane IGT
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorRuby red color with purple shades.
- NoseOn the nose it has typical aromas of thevarietal, such as black cherry, blackberry and plum.
- FlavorThe wine has smooth tanninsand nice red fruit flavors on the palate.
Sicily At a Glance
Region Name Sicily
Sicily is Italy’s southernmost region and the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. For more than 2500 years, Sicily (Sicilia in Italian) has been a significant center of Mediterranean viniculture, although the reputation and style of its wines have changed significantly over that time.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2018||James Suckling||92||Nov 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Wine Spectator||88||Mar 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||Wine Spectator||89||Mar 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 92 Vintage 2018 James Suckling Good freshness and composure on the nose with black raspberries and citrus. Medium-bodied, juicy and spicy with a fine overlay of firm tannins. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 88 Vintage 2018 Wine Spectator A fresh and balanced, medium-bodied red, with dried marjoram and lavender notes winding a fragrant thread through flavors of roasted plum and fig, toast and iron. Drink now. 5,500 cases made, 1,000 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 89 Vintage 2017 Wine Spectator Licorice, leather and graphite notes form a finely woven, aromatic thread in this fresh, balanced and medium-bodied red, layered with crushed black cherry, smoky mineral and cured tobacco notes. Light tannins firm the finish. Drink now through 2025. Shelf Talker Full Page Review