- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorDeep ruby red color.
- NoseThe nose is intense and complex with charming scents of cherry liqueur, violet, star anise, dried leaves and blueberries.
- FlavorOn the palate it is well-structured and well-balanced, with smooth tannins and a very long finish.
Piemonte At a Glance
Region Name Piemonte
Piemonte is considered by many the top wine region of Italy, being the land of Barolo and Barbaresco, even though these mega-popular wines only account for 3% of the region’s wine production.
Press & Shelf Talkers
- Score: 90 Vintage 2016 Vinous MediaThe 2016 Barolo is a beautiful wine to drink now and over the next few years. Bright, floral and ethereal, the 2016 has so much to offer. All the elements simply fall into place effortlessly. Sweet, perfumed aromatics and silky red berry fruit give this airy Barolo tons of charm. The Barolo is a blend of equal parts Serralunga, Castiglione Falletto and the town of Barolo, a classic mix old-timers favored before the fashion of single-vineyard wines took hold. This is very pretty and delicious for what it is. Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 92 Vintage 2015 Wine EnthusiastCamphor, wild berry, blue flower and brown spice aromas lead the way. The taut palate shows cranberry, pomegranate, baking spice and a hint of chopped mint alongside fine-grained tannins and fresh acidity. Shelf Talker
- Score: 92 Vintage 2015 Wine SpectatorFresh, offering cherry, strawberry, rose and white pepper aromas and flavors. Graceful, yet with ample grip on the long, dense and dusty finish. Captures the best of the vintage. Best from 2022 through 2040. 2,100 cases made, 1,200 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Review