Il Doge Gavi DOCG
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorPale straw yellow with green highlights
- NoseThe bouquet on the noseis fine and delicate with notes of peach, apple and grapefruit, together withhints of anise and white flowers.
- FlavorThe palate is fresh, dry and elegant with alingering finish.
Piemonte At a Glance
Region Name Piemonte
Piedmont is one of the top wine regions in Italy, as the land of Barolo and Barbaresco, even though these mega-popular wines only account for 3% of the region’s wine production.
Press & Shelf Talkers
- Score: 88 Vintage 2017 Wine Spectator“A ripe style of Gavi, offering peach, melon and floral notes. Juicy yet gentle, with a pleasant touch of citrus peel bitterness on the finish. Drink now. 5,000 cases made, 350 cases imported.” Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2016 Wine Spectator“A round, mouthfilling white, sporting peach, apple, straw and mineral aromas and flavors. Vivid and balanced, leaving a chalky, tangy sensation on the lingering aftertaste. Drink now. 5,000 cases made.” Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 89 Vintage 2015 Wine Spectator“A rich style, boasting peach, almond, white pepper, and eventually grapefruit peel notes on the lingering finish. Fine balance and length. Drink now.” -Bruce Sanderson Shelf Talker Full Review