Il Doge Gavi DOCG
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorPale straw yellow with green highlights
- NoseThe bouquet on the nose is fine and delicate with notes of peach, apple and grapefruit, together with hints of anise and white flowers.
- FlavorThe palate is fresh, dry and elegant with a lingering finish.
Piedmont At a Glance
Region Name Piedmont
Piemonte is considered by many the top wine region of Italy, being the land of Barolo and Barbaresco, even though these mega-popular wines only account for 3% of the region’s wine production.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2021||Wine Spectator||88||Oct 2022||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2020||Wine Spectator||88||Nov 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2019||Wine Spectator||87||Mar 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 88 Vintage 2021 Wine Spectator Aromatic, this white offers white flowers, apple and cut grass, with lively acidity keeping this fresh on the finish. Drink now. 5,000 cases made, 1,000 cases imported Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 88 Vintage 2020 Wine Spectator Though supple and fluid, there is a savory, saline side to this white that adds another dimension to its peach and apple fruit flavors. Juicy finish. Drink now. 5,000 cases made, 1,000 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 87 Vintage 2019 Wine Spectator This white offers plenty of rosewater, orange and a hint of sage flavors, backed by vibrant acidity. It finishes with a brisk lemon note. Drink now. 5,000 cases made, 1,000 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Page Review