Cerretta Barolo DOCG
- Tasting Notes
- ColorDeep garnet red colour.
- NoseThe bouquet on the nose is intense and complex with scents of red berries, tobacco, pepper and white flowers.
- FlavorOn the palate it is full and enveloping with soft tannins typical of the Cerretta cru. Leaves the mouth clean with a persistent, rich aftertaste.
Piedmont At a Glance
Region Name Piedmont
Piemonte is considered by many the top wine region of Italy, being the land of Barolo and Barbaresco, even though these mega-popular wines only account for 3% of the region’s wine production.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2015||Wine Advocate||92||Jul 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2015||Wine Enthusiast||92||Dec 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2013||Wine Enthusiast||91||Oct 2018||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 92 Vintage 2015 Wine Advocate The Garesio 2015 Barolo Cerretta opens to aromas of dried cherry, camphor ash, candied orange skin and wet terracotta. The Cerretta offers a strong mineral identity with some iron ore or iodine showing up at the back. The tannins are integrated but dry, and the mouthfeel is thin, long and dusty. Like the other Barolo from Garesio with fruit from Serralunga d'Alba (also reviewed here), this wine could use some more primary fruit, especially now in its youth. Dried herbs and aniseed pop up on the finish. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 92 Vintage 2015 Wine Enthusiast This opens with appealing aromas of rose petal, red berry and baking spice. The vibrant palate offers crushed raspberry, cinnamon and licorice alongside firm, refined tannins. Drink 2022–2029. KERIN O’KEEFE Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2013 Wine Enthusiast Enticing scents of rose, blue flower, vanilla and berry escape the glass. On the palate, firm fine-grained tannins and fresh acidity frame cherry, strawberry and a hint of clove. Drink after 2023. Shelf Talker Full Page Review