Cerretta Barolo DOCG
- Tasting Notes
- ColorDeep ruby red color with garnet hues.
- NoseThe nose is very elegant and neat with intense notes of red berry jams, wild herbs and chocolate.
- FlavorOn the palate it is dry, fresh, powerful, with thick-yet-polished tannins and a persistent fruity finish.
Piemonte At a Glance
Region Name Piemonte
Piemonte is considered by many the top wine region of Italy, being the land of Barolo and Barbaresco, even though these mega-popular wines only account for 3% of the region’s wine production.
Press & Shelf Talkers
- Score: 97 Vintage 2016 Wine EnthusiastRose, red-berry, camphor and dark-spice aromas slowly emerge in the glass. Showing Serralunga’s hallmark of firm structure and finesse, the fullbodied, youthfully tense palate delivers juicy red cherry, raspberry compote, dried mint and licorice set against a backbone of noble tannins. Bright acidity keeps it impeccably balanced. Drink 2026– 2056 Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 95 Vintage 2016 Vinous MediaThe 2016 Barolo Cerretta is another impressive wine from Davide Rosso. Ample and resonant in the glass, with terrific freshness, the Cerretta captures all the best the vintage has to offer. Sweet red berry fruit, blood orange, cinnamon, wild flowers and mint emerge from the glass, but only with some reluctance. Time really brings out the wine's textural depth nicely. I would give the 2016 a few years in bottle. Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 92 Vintage 2015 Wine SpectatorBroad, featuring plum, cherry, tar and woodsy flavors, embraced by the dense structure. Tightly packed now, this stays fresh and focused as the finish unwinds. Best from 2023 through 2042. 500 cases made, 50 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Review