Cerretta Barolo DOCG
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorDeep garnet red colour.
- NoseThe bouquet on the nose is intense and complex with scents of withered flowers, rose, violet, blackberry jam, cocoa and licorice.
- FlavorOn the palate it is dense, enveloping, full- bodied and balanced, with a persistent finish and subtle, elegant tannins.
Piedmont At a Glance
Region Name Piedmont
Piemonte is considered by many the top wine region of Italy, being the land of Barolo and Barbaresco, even though these mega-popular wines only account for 3% of the region’s wine production.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2017||Vinous Media||92||Oct 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2016||Wine Enthusiast||92||Sep 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2016||Vinous Media||91||Oct 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2014||Wine Spectator||92||Sep 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2014||Wine Advocate||90||Apr 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 92 Vintage 2017 Vinous Media The 2017 Barolo Cerretta is vibrant and a bit more refined than the Prapò tasted alongside it, although it offers a touch less complexity. Bright red cherry, plum fruit, spice and sweet floral notes all meld together in a silky, mid-weight Barolo that will drink well with minimal cellaring. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 92 Vintage 2016 Wine Enthusiast Aromas of incense, baking spice and red-skinned berry emerge from the glass. The juicy polished palate offers red cherry, star anise and white pepper alongside fine-grained tannins and vibrant acidity. Drink 2023–2030. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2016 Vinous Media The 2016 Barolo Cerretta is bright, airy and nicely lifted. Some edginess and austerity in the tannins remain, but time in bottle should help with that given the wine's balance. Red fruit, blood orange, chalk and white pepper add an attractive upper register of aromatic brilliance. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 92 Vintage 2014 Wine Spectator This red displays beautiful cherry, plum, eucalyptus and spice flavors, backed by a firm structure. Shows tension and energy, with a long finish. Best from 2022 through 2035. 366 cases made, 100 cases imported. –BS Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2014 Wine Advocate I tasted two new (for me) wines from Davide Fregonese and both were made with fruit from vineyard sites in Serralunga d'Alba. The 2014 Barolo Cerretta shows a softer, more floral side compared to the Barolo Prapò. You get pronounced aromas of rose hip, dried violet and wild berry. The wine is silky and smooth with integrated tannins. Of the two wines, this one strikes me as slightly more immediate and accessible. Shelf Talker Full Page Review