Colle Ticchio Cesanese del Piglio DOCG
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorRuby red in color tending to garnet with age.
- NoseThe bouquet on the nose is characterized by notes of ripe fruits, like blackberry, dark cherry and plum, with a hint of herbaceous.
- FlavorA medium-bodied wine, with good balance and light tannins. Nice, long, rich finish.
Lazio At a Glance
Region Name Lazio
Lazio is a region in central Italy, and home to the ancient capital city of Rome. The region’s reputation is mainly based on its white wines, the mainstay grape varieties being Trebbiano, Malvasia di Candia and Malvasia Puntinata.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2021||Vinous Media||89||May 2023||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2021||Wine Spectator||87||Dec 2022||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2019||Vinous Media||89||Aug 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||Wine Enthusiast||89||Sep 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 89 Vintage 2021 Vinous Media The 2021 Cesanese del Piglio Colle Ticchio is intense, with a sharp burst of crushed plums, dried citrus and wet stone. This is racy with a reverberation of zesty acidic tension and tart wild berry fruits that cascade throughout. The Colle Ticchio finishes grippy, long and energetic, ending with a crunchy sensation. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 87 Vintage 2021 Wine Spectator Loaded with brambly wild herb and floral aromatics, this lightly chewy red offers a tangy mix of crushed black raspberry, blood orange peel, iron and loamy earth notes. Drink now. 800 cases made, 240 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 89 Vintage 2019 Vinous Media A bouquet of violets, plum skins and wet stone wafts up from the 2019 Cesanese Colle Ticchio. It’s soft and pliant in feel, yet a mix of saline-minerality and brisk acidity creates a salty reverberation on the palate, as notes of blackberry and inner florals form toward the close. This tapers off with medium length while buzzing with residual tension, and a hint of licorice slowly fades. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 89 Vintage 2017 Wine Enthusiast Aromas of red berry, cooking spice and underbrush emerge from the glass. The savory palate offers ripe raspberry, clove and white pepper alongside pliant tannins and fresh acidity. Enjoy soon. KERIN O’KEEFE Shelf Talker Full Page Review