Ester Canale Nebbiolo Langhe DOC
- Tasting Notes
- ColorIntense ruby red color
- NoseVery elegant bouquet with aromas of rose, blackberry, wild strawberries, peach and sweet spices.
- FlavorThe taste is rich and soft, with fresh fruit flavors, gentle tannins and a long mineral finish.
Piemonte At a Glance
Region Name Piemonte
Piemonte is considered by many the top wine region of Italy, being the land of Barolo and Barbaresco, even though these mega-popular wines only account for 3% of the region’s wine production.
Press & Shelf Talkers
- Score: 94 Vintage 2016 Wine AdvocateThe Ester Canale Rosso 2016 Langhe Nebbiolo pours from the bottle with a light garnet or ruby color. The bouquet is beautifully elegant and light, with a big dose of licorice root that is impossible not to notice. There is dried cherry and cassis, and the wine presents a lean and fresh approach to the palate. This Langhe Nebbiolo is built to go the extra mile, and its late release demonstrates. Full Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2016 Wine SpectatorThough rich and creamy in texture, this red remains elegant, featuring cherry, raspberry, floral, flint and tobacco flavors. Firm and harmonious, with fine length. Drink now through 2024. 1,000 cases made, 400 cases imported. Full Review
- Score: 87 Vintage 2015 Wine Advocate“The 2015 Langhe Nebbiolo Ester Canale Rosso has good elegance and grace. The raw, plump and rich red fruit is uncomplicated, making it a good wine for simple pasta recipes or wood-oven pizza.” Shelf Talker Full Review