Manero Rosso di Toscana IGT
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorDeep ruby red color.
- NoseIntense fruity bouquet of wild berries, cherry and plum, withundertones of spices and vanilla.
- FlavorOn the palate it is full bodied, with soft tannins and along savory finish.
Tuscany At a Glance
Region Name Tuscany
Chianti, Brunello di Montalcino, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano and Super Tuscans from Bolgheri are some of the world’s most famous wines and are adored by collectors, and they all hail from the gorgeous region of Tuscany.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2022||James Suckling||91||Sep 2023||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2021||James Suckling||92||Jul 2022||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2020||James Suckling||90||Jul 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2020||James Suckling Magazine||90||Jul 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2019||James Suckling||93||Dec 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2019||Vinous Media||88||Dec 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||James Suckling||88||Nov 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||Wine Enthusiast||86||Apr 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 91 Vintage 2022 James Suckling A fruity, fresh and vibrant red with aromas of raspberries, cherry stones, rose hips and hazelnuts. It’s medium-bodied with a youthful core of red fruit framed by fine tannins. Drink or hold. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 92 Vintage 2021 James Suckling A bright and perfumed red with aromas of wild strawberries, raspberries, licorice and orange zest. Some nutmeg and bark, too. Medium-bodied with firm and powdery tannins. Crushed stones at the end. Drink or hold. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2020 James Suckling Aromas of cherry, sandalwood and lavender follow through to a medium body, round tannins and a juicy finish. The new wood is showing now, but should come out nicely in a year or so. Drink in 2022. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2020 James Suckling Magazine Aromas of cherry, sandalwood and lavender follow through to a medium body, round tannins and a juicy finish. The new wood is showing now, but should come out nicely in a year or so. Drink in 2022. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 93 Vintage 2019 James Suckling Seductive nose of musk, pine needles, dried chamomile, dried lemon peel and an array of spices. Fascinating pine-cone and herbal flavors, too. It’s medium-bodied with fine, sleek tannins. Better from 2022. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 88 Vintage 2019 Vinous Media Crushed violette candies and raspberries, roses and smoke form an inviting display on the 2019 Rosso Manero. This is soft and fleshy in feel, balanced by bright acidity with tart red currants and pretty inner florals. It’s fresh from start to finish, leaving a note of violette pastille to linger long. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 88 Vintage 2018 James Suckling Attractive aromas of dried spices and crushed berries follow through to a full body, chewy tannins and a slightly dry finish. Needs time to soften. Try after 2020. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 86 Vintage 2017 Wine Enthusiast Earthy aromas of hay, scorched earth and orange peel lead the way on this easygoing red. The simple palate offers cinnamon, strawberry jam and vanilla accompanied by round, rather evolved tannins. Drink soon. KERIN O’KEEFE Shelf Talker Full Page Review