Missoni Cabernet Sauvignon Terre Siciliane IGT
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorDeep ruby red
- NoseIntense fruity nose of cherry, raspberry and elegant spices.
- FlavorOnthe palate it is full bodied and round, with noteworthy tannic depth and a greatelegance.
Sicily At a Glance
Region Name Sicily
Sicily is Italy’s southernmost region and the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. For more than 2500 years, Sicily (Sicilia in Italian) has been a significant center of Mediterranean viniculture, although the reputation and style of its wines have changed significantly over that time.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2021||James Suckling||88||Sep 2023||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2019||Wine Spectator||91||Dec 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2019||Vinous Media||89||Jun 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Wine Spectator||88||Mar 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||James Suckling||90||Aug 2022||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2016||James Suckling||87||Nov 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 88 Vintage 2021 James Suckling Notes of currants and black cherries with walnut, pine needles, leather and moist earth. Medium-bodied with velvety tannins and creamy texture. Chalky finish. Needs more depth. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2019 Wine Spectator Bay leaf and black tea aromas lead the way in this harmonious, medium- to full-bodied red, which offers a fine range of crÃ¨me de cassis, Kalamata olive and fresh, loamy earth notes layered with creamy tannins that impart light grip to the spiced finish. Cabernet Sauvignon. Drink now through 2026. 3,500 cases made, 1,000 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 89 Vintage 2019 Vinous Media The 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon Missoni opens up to show rosy florals and blackberries with hints of wet concrete and camphor. Its velvety textures give way to a pure display of dark mineral-tinged fruits that, along with bright acidity, create a lifted impression. Hints of licorice, currants and powdered sugar linger over a layer of sweet tannins through the long, delicately structured finale. The 2019 is already showing quite well, but a year of cellaring will likely bring forward further depths. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 88 Vintage 2018 Wine Spectator Hints of mesquite smoke and wild sage accent the crushed black and red currant fruit in this medium-bodied red, offering chewy tannins with a spiced finish. Cabernet Sauvignon. Drink now. 3,500 cases made, 1,000 cases imported.Â Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2017 James Suckling A pleasant cabernet with currants and light vanilla and cedar character. Hints of fresh herbs, too. Medium body. Firm and fresh finish. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 87 Vintage 2016 James Suckling This is a rather jammy red with light sultanas and redcurrant confectionary and a touch of dusty wood. Appearing quite sweet on the palate, and the light herbaceous character really doesnâ€™t help. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review