Missoni Cabernet Sauvignon Terre Siciliane IGT
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorDeep ruby red
- NoseIntense fruity nose of cherry, raspberry and elegant spices.
- FlavorOnthe palate it is full bodied and round, with noteworthy tannic depth and a greatelegance.
Sicily At a Glance
Region Name Sicily
Sicily is Italy’s southernmost region and the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. For more than 2500 years, Sicily (Sicilia in Italian) has been a significant center of Mediterranean viniculture, although the reputation and style of its wines have changed significantly over that time.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2019||Vinous Media||89||Jun 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Wine Spectator||88||Mar 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||James Suckling||86||Nov 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 89 Vintage 2019 Vinous Media The 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon Missoni opens up to show rosy florals and blackberries with hints of wet concrete and camphor. Its velvety textures give way to a pure display of dark mineral-tinged fruits that, along with bright acidity, create a lifted impression. Hints of licorice, currants and powdered sugar linger over a layer of sweet tannins through the long, delicately structured finale. The 2019 is already showing quite well, but a year of cellaring will likely bring forward further depths. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 88 Vintage 2018 Wine Spectator Hints of mesquite smoke and wild sage accent the crushed black and red currant fruit in this medium-bodied red, offering chewy tannins with a spiced finish. Cabernet Sauvignon. Drink now. 3,500 cases made, 1,000 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 86 Vintage 2017 James Suckling This is a rather jammy red with light sultanas and redcurrant confectionary and a touch of dusty wood. Appearing quite sweet on the palate, and the light herbaceous character really doesn’t help. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review