Rosso di Montalcino DOC
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorDark ruby red color
- NoseThe aromas on the nose are fresh and fruity, with some hints of tertiary scents
- FlavorA firm structure, that shows already great roundness, supportsthe alcohol content in perfect equilibrium.
Tuscany At a Glance
Region Name Tuscany
Chianti, Brunello di Montalcino, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano and Super Tuscans from Bolgheri are some of the world’s most famous wines and are adored by collectors, and they all hail from the gorgeous region of Tuscany.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2018||Vinous Media||91||Apr 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2016||Wine Enthusiast||88||Jul 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2016||Wine Advocate||88||Feb 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 91 Vintage 2018 Vinous Media Deep red. Clean, fresh aromas of red fruit, tobacco and underbrush. Juicy and broad in scope with polished tannins that nicely let the ripe red fruit and herbal flavors flow on the rising long finish. A touch of alcohol-derived warmth becomes apparent on the back end, but this stays lively and fresh throughout. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 88 Vintage 2016 Wine Enthusiast Aromas of ripe dark berry, underbrush and cooking spice lead the nose. The fleshy palate offers black plum, licorice and vanilla alongside supple tannins. Drink through 2021. KERIN O’KEEFE Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 88 Vintage 2016 Wine Advocate This is a cheerfully fresh and zesty wine to drink on informal occasions. The 2016 Rosso di Montalcino (with 5,600 bottles made) opens to a pretty bouquet with cherry, raspberry and red currant. There are mild background hints of smoke and tar. It washes over the palate with simplicity and ease. Shelf Talker Full Page Review