Frappato Sparkling Brut Rosé
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorDelicate salmon pink
- NoseElegant, with fresh fruity notes on the bouquet, reminiscent of wild strawberries.
- FlavorOn the palate, the wine is delicate and harmonious, with lovely fresh fruit flavours, citrussy notes and a pleasant acidity.
Sicily At a Glance
Region Name Sicily
Sicily is Italy’s southernmost region and the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. For more than 2500 years, Sicily (Sicilia in Italian) has been a significant center of Mediterranean viniculture, although the reputation and style of its wines have changed significantly over that time.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|NV||James Suckling||91||Aug 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|NV||James Suckling||90||Jun 2022||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|NV||Vinous Media||89||Dec 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|NV||Wine Enthusiast||88||Dec 2023||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 91 Vintage NV James Suckling A slew of red-berry and citrus-zest aromas make this a very charming rosÃ© sparkling. Plenty of juicy fruit on the fresh and sleek palate, but also properly dry. Very lively, citrusy finish. From organically grown grapes. Vegan. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage NV James Suckling Pale salmon-colored sparkling with aromas of cherries, pomegranates, rose hips and herbs. Medium-bodied with easy bubbles and a fruity, juicy palate. Fresh, with some saline hints. From organically grown grapes. Vegan. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 89 Vintage NV Vinous Media The NV Brut RosÃ© Sparkling Il Frappato wafts up with a heady display of wild strawberries, peach preserves and spice. This fruit-forward effort balances silken bubbles against bright acidity, as mineral underpinnings create a more tactile feel toward the close. It tapers off incredibly fresh, as hints of tropical citrus and exotic inner florals fade. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 88 Vintage NV Wine Enthusiast The bakery-inspired nose presents aromas of cookies and marzipan, but eventually wild herbs manage to get through the door. Strawberry candy leads the way on the palate, but a lively fizz ensures the sweetness doesn't become overpowering. Shelf Talker Full Page Review