GAgliole Colli della Toscana Centrale IGT
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorIntense ruby red color
- NoseThe nose is deeply spiced with notes of cloves, cinnamon, plums,liquorice and black cherries aromas. Hints of chocolate and walnuts.
- FlavorOn the palate allthe elements are wonderfully balanced, with dense, sweet tannins. Its taste will make youperceive the typical minerality that is present in the rich terroir of Gagliole.
Tuscany At a Glance
Region Name Tuscany
Chianti, Brunello di Montalcino, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano and Super Tuscans from Bolgheri are some of the world’s most famous wines and are adored by collectors, and they all hail from the gorgeous region of Tuscany.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2018||James Suckling||95||Nov 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||Vinous Media||95||Sep 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2016||Wine Advocate||95||Apr 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2016||James Suckling||93||Nov 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2016||Vinous Media||90||Jul 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2015||Vinous Media||94||Feb 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2014||Wine Enthusiast||89||May 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 95 Vintage 2018 James Suckling An attractive, velvety red with dark berries and chocolate. There’s a hint of vanilla, but not too much. Full-bodied with wonderful depth and intensity. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 95 Vintage 2017 Vinous Media The 2017 Gagliole is a wine of pure and total seduction that really captures the essence of the house style today. Freshly cut flowers, red berry fruit, mint, spice and rose petal give the 2017 striking aromatic intensity to play off its mid-weight personality. The natural richness and radiance of Panzano come through, but those elements are tempered by what is a super-classic style. In a word: impressive. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 95 Vintage 2016 Wine Advocate This winery is headquartered in Castellina in Chianti, although the Sangiovese used in the 2016 Gagliole actually comes from the sun-kissed Conca d'Oro vineyard in Panzano in Chianti. This expression offers depth and delicate fiinesse, showing a long succession of small berry fruits, cassis and wild rose. The mouthfeel reveals balanced touches of acidity, power, structure and concentration. Indeed, these are the elements of a classic vintage and a classic Tuscan red Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 93 Vintage 2016 James Suckling Attractive aromas of crushed berries with hints of flowers. Medium to full body. Firm and chewy tannins and a fresh finish. Toasted oak showing. Age will pull this together. Try after 2021. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2016 Vinous Media The 2016 Gagliole is Sangiovese and a touch of Cabernet Sauvignon from vineyards in Panzano. Medium in body, perfumed and silky, Gagliole is a decidedly lithe, understated wine in 2016 that appears to be holding back much of its potential. There is good structure underneath. Hopefully the wine will come together a bit more with time in bottle. The 2016 spent 18 months in French oak barriques, 20% new. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 94 Vintage 2015 Vinous Media The 2015 Gagliole Rosso emerges exclusively from estate vineyards in Panzano. Rich, ample and beautifully resonant on the palate, the 2015 expresses all the natural breadth and texture that is so typical of the wines of Panzano. Dark cherry, plum, lavender, spice and menthol build into the huge, creamy finish. The 2015 is sensual, rich and super-inviting. It spent 18 months in French oak, 20% new. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 89 Vintage 2014 Wine Enthusiast This blend of Sangiovese and Cabernet Sauvignon has aromas of French oak, tobacco and roasted coffee bean. The dense palate offers black-cherry jam, vanilla and clove alongside assertive tannins. KERIN O’KEEFE Shelf Talker Full Page Review