Gallule Chianti Classico Gran Selezione DOCG
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- Colorbright ruby red colou
- Nosenotes of cherries, orange peel, graphite, tea leaves,
- Flavorcreamy tannins, supported by a balanced acidity.
Tuscany At a Glance
Region Name Tuscany
Chianti, Brunello di Montalcino, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano and Super Tuscans from Bolgheri are some of the world’s most famous wines and are adored by collectors, and they all hail from the gorgeous region of Tuscany.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2018||Wine Advocate||96||Feb 2023||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Wine Enthusiast||94||Apr 2023||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Vinous Media||93||Sep 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 96 Vintage 2018 Wine Advocate This organic wine has been upgraded to Gran Selezione status. With fruit from a terraced vineyard in Castellina in Chianti made with ancient stone walls, the Gagliole 2018 Chianti Classico Gran Selezione Gallule is an intricate and complicated wine to craft. Sangiovese vines range in age from 20 to 60 years old, and the final blend represents a special match of various sub-plots that changes each year. Fruit selection is key. The results are lucid and especially bright, aromatically speaking, with forest floor, wild cherry, lavender, crushed oyster shell and plum. There's even a touch of smoked ham. Castellina tends to be cooler at night with greater diurnal shifts, and this adds pretty freshness. The wine sees 20% new oak for 16 months and a final resting phase in cement. It shows gentle tannins, and annual production is around 3,500 bottles. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 94 Vintage 2018 Wine Enthusiast The herbaceous and floral nose on this wine also has notes of iron, new bricks, sour plum and sour cherry. Cherry lingers on the palate, swinging into fig and raisin like a chocolate fruit cake, with umami density from well-aged balsamic vinegar. Tannins are softened but hold their structure, and acid carries through a long finish. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 93 Vintage 2018 Vinous Media The 2018 Chianti Classico Gran Selezione Gallule is for the first time a Gran Selezione. It emerges from the old terraces in Gagliole's Castellina estate. Black cherry, plum, leather, menthol and spice build as the 2018 opens in the glass. A wine of texture and resonance, the 2018 has quite a bit to offer. Shelf Talker Full Page Review