Pinot Noir Trentino DOC
- Tasting Notes
- ColorLight ruby red color
- NoseThe bouquet on the nose is typical of the grape varietyand very elegant, with notes of forest berries, blackcurrant, cherry, and toastysensations, like toasted almond and cured meat.
- FlavorOn the palate it is dry, fresh,velvety, with delicate tannins and a lingering finish.
Trentino At a Glance
Region Name Trentino
In the northernmost reaches of Italy, close to the Austrian border, the dramatic landscape is a fitting backdrop to one of the world’s most important wine-producing areas.
Press & Shelf Talkers
- Score: 89 Vintage 2018 Vinous Media"The 2018 Pinot Nero is a fresh, floral and spicy entry-level effort from Gaierhof. It shows a beautiful display of ripe strawberry, savory herbs and hints of moist earth. Soft textures give way to ripe red fruits, contrasted by saline-minerality and juicy acids, creating a push and pull of sweet and sour that I find quite pleasing. There’s a hint of citrus at the close which frames the experience nicely with a bit of perceivable heat, but this is by no means out of balance." Shelf Talker Full Review
- Vintage NA Vinous Media Full Review