Il Medaglione Primitivo Puglia IGT
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorDeep ruby red color.
- NoseIntense fruity nose with aromas of blackberry and plum.
- FlavorIn the mouth it is warm, velvety and well- balanced, with smooth integrated tannins.
Puglia At a Glance
Region Name Puglia
Most Puglia wine is red, full-bodied, and will pair well with a wide variety of foods. Producers in Puglia have focused on making great red wines, and local grapes like Negroamaro, Primitivo, and Bombino Nero make for delicious drinking. Some of the best values in Italian wine come from this sunny, dry region.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2019||Wine Enthusiast||90||Nov 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2019||Vinous Media||87||Jul 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Wine Enthusiast||88||Nov 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 90 Vintage 2019 Wine Enthusiast A dense black-cherry aroma meets lightly toasted fennel seed and violet on the nose. It’s plush and well textured on the medium-bodied palate, with broad, rich flavors of mixed dark berries bolstered by juicy acidity and velvety tannins. A berry jam flavor extends on the finish, but with lift and verve. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 87 Vintage 2019 Vinous Media The 2019 Primitivo Il Medaglione wafts up with a fresh and spicy bouquet of tart cherries, cloves and dusty dried roses. It’s soft-textured with zesty acids that enliven its wild berry fruits, further complemented by a twang of tangerine. This tapers off to a bitter tinge of blackberry. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 88 Vintage 2018 Wine Enthusiast Aromas of blood orange, baked plum and cherry are lifted by potpourri spice on the nose. Rounded and juicy on the palate, a succulent red fruit jam flavor is honed by racy acidity and fine-grained tannins. ALEXANDER PEARTREE Shelf Talker Full Page Review