Cabernet Franc Isonzo del Friuli DOC
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorDeep ruby red color.
- NoseTypical Franc notes of herb, black raspberry and tobacco leaf.
- FlavorOn the palate it is full bodied, fresh, linear, well balanced with a long pleasant peppery finish.
Friuli Venezia Giulia At a Glance
Region Name Friuli Venezia Giulia
In Friuli Venezia Giulia, most of the best vineyards are located in the southeastern part of the region facing Alpine foothills’ slopes. Here the vines benefit from direct sunlight and a complex climatic intersection of the warm Mediterranean influence of the Adriatic Sea coupled with the cooling breezes from the Julian Alps.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2018||James Suckling||91||Nov 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Vinous Media||89||Jan 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 91 Vintage 2018 James Suckling A fun, fruity cabernet franc with cherry, currant and light herb flavors. Medium body. Fresh and vivid. Lively finish. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 89 Vintage 2018 Vinous Media Peppery florals, tart red berries and hints of undergrowth come forward in the 2018 Cabernet Franc. It’s silky in texture, displaying notes of black cherry and currants with salty minerals and a gentle tug of fine tannin. Woodland berries and savory herbs linger long. This balances savory and sweet quite nicely, while also coming across as refined and polished. Shelf Talker Full Page Review