Cabernet Franc Isonzo del Friuli DOC
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorDeep ruby red color.
- NoseTypical Franc notes of herb, black raspberry and tobacco leaf.
- FlavorOn the palate it is full bodied, fresh, linear, well balanced with a long pleasant peppery finish.
Friuli Venezia Giulia At a Glance
Region Name Friuli Venezia Giulia
In Friuli Venezia Giulia, most of the best vineyards are located in the southeastern part of the region facing Alpine foothills’ slopes. Here the vines benefit from direct sunlight and a complex climatic intersection of the warm Mediterranean influence of the Adriatic Sea coupled with the cooling breezes from the Julian Alps.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2020||James Suckling||90||Jun 2022||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2019||James Suckling||91||Aug 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2019||Vinous Media||90||Apr 2022||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||James Suckling||91||Nov 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Wine Spectator||89||Oct 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Vinous Media||89||Jan 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 90 Vintage 2020 James Suckling A fresh and fruity red with crushed berries, graphite and chocolate. Medium body. Medium, round tannins. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2019 James Suckling Dark berry and cherry aromas with some bay leaf and parsley, following through to a medium body, light tannins and a crisp finish. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2019 Vinous Media The 2019 Cabernet Franc is understated yet floral, as crushed violets give way to black currants and hints of allspice. It washes across the palate, with silky textures contrasted by tart red and blue berries that give way to saline-mineral tones toward the close. This leaves a bitter twang of blood orange and a subtle coating of fine tannins to linger, tapering off lightly structured and with admirable persistence. Very nice. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2018 James Suckling A fun, fruity cabernet franc with cherry, currant and light herb flavors. Medium body. Fresh and vivid. Lively finish. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 89 Vintage 2018 Wine Spectator Zesty spice, cured tobacco and minerally smoke notes accent the juicy flavors of blackberry and olive tapenade in this lively red, which is medium-bodied, with light, dusty tannins on the fragrant finish. Drink now. 2,000 cases made, 294 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 89 Vintage 2018 Vinous Media Peppery florals, tart red berries and hints of undergrowth come forward in the 2018 Cabernet Franc. It’s silky in texture, displaying notes of black cherry and currants with salty minerals and a gentle tug of fine tannin. Woodland berries and savory herbs linger long. This balances savory and sweet quite nicely, while also coming across as refined and polished. Shelf Talker Full Page Review