Kerner Alto Adige Valle Isarco DOC
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorBright straw-yellow colour with greenish reflections
- NoseThe bouquet is pleasingly fruity with impressions of white peach and grapefruit, together with white flowers and minerals, fresh herbs.
- FlavorOn the palate it is full, juicy, lively, with anharmonious acidity and white stone fruit flavors. Long and mineral finish.
Alto Adige At a Glance
Region Name Alto Adige
In the northernmost reaches of Italy, close to the Austrian border, the dramatic landscape is a fitting backdrop to one of the world’s most important wine-producing areas.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2021||Wine Enthusiast||94||Aug 2022||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2021||Wine Spectator||90||Mar 2023||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2020||Wine Enthusiast||94||Nov 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2020||Vinous Media||91||Jun 2022||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2019||Wine Enthusiast||92||Sep 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Wine Enthusiast||91||Jul 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 94 Vintage 2021 Wine Enthusiast Delicate scents of tropical fruit, cake spice and citrus shape the inviting nose on this stunning white. The delicious, medium-bodied palate delivers juicy peach, grapefruit, nutmeg and wild herb while white almond and flinty mineral notes lend depth. It’s vibrant, with bright acidity Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2021 Wine Spectator There's a fleshy feel to this balanced, light-bodied white, with orange and pink grapefruit flavors that show accents of fresh tarragon and marjoram. Bright acidity keeps this light on its feet, ending with a stony finish. Drink now. 10,000 cases made, 1,150 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 94 Vintage 2020 Wine Enthusiast This gorgeous, medium-bodied white opens with alluring aromas of grapefruit, tropical fruit and baking spice. The delicious, creamy palate delivers white peach, tangerine drop candy, nutmeg and crushed Alpine mint before a flinty mineral note. Bright acidity keeps it balanced and fresh. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2020 Vinous Media The 2020 Kerner seduces with sweet tropical florals, along with notes of kiwi and peach sun tea. Its silky textures give way to ripe orchard fruit laced with sweet citrus, all energized by juicy acidity. Nuances of sour melon and pretty inner florals linger incredibly long, as it tapers off with mouthwatering freshness. This wonderfully balanced and inoffensive Kerner keeps me coming back to the glass for more. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 92 Vintage 2019 Wine Enthusiast This lovely white has heady aromas of white spring wild flower, apricot, alpine herb and a whiff of hazelnut. Showing flavor and finesse, the crisp, dry palate features creamy pear, white peach and a hint of lemon drop alongside a tangy saline note. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2018 Wine Enthusiast Yellow stone-fruit, nutmeg, apple and citrus aromas are front and center. The aromas follow over to the tangy, savory palate along with crisp acidity. It closes on a lemon-drop note. Shelf Talker Full Page Review