Müller Thurgau Alto Adige Valle Isarco DOC
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorBright straw yellow color with greenish shimmer
- NoseIntense bouquet of white peach, minerals, lemon and white flowers, with delicate spicy tones and impressions of nutmeg.
- FlavorThe taste is fresh, vibrant and aromatic, with dominant flavors of peach and lemon and a long pleasant mineral finish.
Alto Adige At a Glance
Region Name Alto Adige
In the northernmost reaches of Italy, close to the Austrian border, the dramatic landscape is a fitting backdrop to one of the world’s most important wine-producing areas.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2021||Wine Enthusiast||92||Aug 2022||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2020||Wine Enthusiast||92||Apr 2022||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2020||Vinous Media||90||Jun 2022||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Vinous Media||90||Nov 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 92 Vintage 2021 Wine Enthusiast Citrus, yellow stone fruit and Alpine herb aromas come to the forefront on this crisp white. Dry and savory, the racy palate features ripe peach, juicy grapefruit and hints of gooseberry before closing on notes of saline and fennel seed. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 92 Vintage 2020 Wine Enthusiast Pronounced aromas of grapefruit, apricot and yellow peach follow through the tangy, savory palate along with ginger and saline mineral notes. It's absolutely delicious and pure drinking joy, with crisp acidity and a bitter almond close. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2020 Vinous Media The 2020 Müller-Thurgau is understated, as wet stone gives way to pretty white flowers and freshly sliced pear. This is round and pliant in feel, with a mix of tart citrus and salty minerals that balance but also slowly saturate the senses. It tapers off floral and long with a salty flourish and a spritz of lime. Give the 2020 Müller-Thurgau a year to settle down and come fully into focus. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2018 Vinous Media The 2018 Müller-Thurgau is spicy, herbal and fresh, leaping from the glass with notes of sage, lime zest, pineapple and hints of coconut. Its soft textures are offset by a mix of sour citrus, minerals and zesty acids, coming across as having a bit of residual sugar, yet bristling with energy. Ripe apple and apricot lingers, while salty tension tugs at the cheeks. This is a wonderfully complete and charming Müller-Thurgau. Shelf Talker Full Page Review