Pinot Grigio Alto Adige Valle Isarco DOC
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorBright straw-yellow color with greenish hues
- NoseThe nose is rich of fruity aromas with impressions of apple, candied pear, and almonds. When fully mature, overtones of nuts and honey are noticeable.
- FlavorOn the palate the wine is silky and juicy, with a good structure and a round and harmonious finish, thanks to aging in oak barrels.
Alto Adige At a Glance
Region Name Alto Adige
In the northernmost reaches of Italy, close to the Austrian border, the dramatic landscape is a fitting backdrop to one of the world’s most important wine-producing areas.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2019||Wine Enthusiast||92||Sep 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Wine Enthusiast||90||Jul 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 92 Vintage 2019 Wine Enthusiast Demonstrating Pinot Grigio's potential for yielding wines boasting serious quality when made in the right hands, this lovely white has heady aromas of white spring wild flower, ripe pear, Alpine herb and a whiff of hazelnut. Showing flavor and finesse, the crisp, dry palate features creamy apple, white peach and a hint of lemon drop alongside a tangy saline note. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2018 Wine Enthusiast Showing the serious side of Pinot Grigio, this offers alluring aromas of elderflower, white stone fruit and crushed Alpine herb. The crisp savory palate delivers ripe pear and Meyer lemon alongside lively acidity and a hint of saline. Shelf Talker Full Page Review