Sylvaner Alto Adige Valle Isarco DOC
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorBright straw yellow
- NoseElegant nose characterized by fresh aromas of tropicalfruit, pineapple and banana, together with hints of exotic herbs, lemon verbenaand flowers.
- FlavorThe palate is dry, crispy, full, with a persistent, pure and refinedfinish.
Alto Adige At a Glance
Region Name Alto Adige
In the northernmost reaches of Italy, close to the Austrian border, the dramatic landscape is a fitting backdrop to one of the world’s most important wine-producing areas.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2021||Wine Enthusiast||93||Aug 2022||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2020||Wine Enthusiast||94||Apr 2022||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2020||Vinous Media||89||Jun 2022||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Vinous Media||88||Nov 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2016||Wine and Spirits||90||Aug 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 93 Vintage 2021 Wine Enthusiast Elegantly structured and vibrant, this opens with heady aromas of white spring blossom, honeydew melon and a hint of hazelnut. The savory, polished palate features ripe apricot, pear and citrus notes alongside tangy mineral and Alpine herb sensations that lend depth. Bright acidity keeps it balanced Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 94 Vintage 2020 Wine Enthusiast Radiant and delicious, this beautiful white has enticing scents of yellow stone fruit, honeydew and crushed stone. The focused, elegant palate delivers ripe yellow peach, Bartlett pear and Meyer lemon alongside saline mineral notes. Grown in high-altitude vineyards situated 2,130 to 2,950 feet above sea level, it boasts crisp acidity that lends racy tension. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 89 Vintage 2020 Vinous Media The 2020 Sylvaner lifts up with a nuanced bouquet, mixing hints of vanilla custard with peach skins and crushed rocks. This is a savory effort, with soft textures ushering in tart orchard fruits and herbal tones. It finishes a bit short, hinting at green botanicals and sour melon. There’s a lovely balance here, but I find the 2020 to be lacking depth. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 88 Vintage 2018 Vinous Media The 2018 Sylvaner is pretty and understated with notes of wet stone, subtle peach and hints of yellow flowers. It’s soft with notes of mineral-laced apple and spice. Salty minerals linger on the well-framed finish. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2016 Wine and Spirits Fruit from Andreas Huber’s younger vines goes into this crisp sylvaner. Pleasant saline notes balance the wine’s fruit tones of green plum, golden apple and dried mango—flavors that would match well with a spicy Thai salad. Shelf Talker Full Page Review