Bricco Botti Dogliani Superiore DOCG
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorDeep ruby red.
- NoseBouquet of intense mature fruit with notes of currant, raspberry and blackberry with hints of violet.
- FlavorThe flavor is rich but balanced with notable soft tannins and good acidity; great persistence.
Piedmont At a Glance
Region Name Piedmont
Piemonte is considered by many the top wine region of Italy, being the land of Barolo and Barbaresco, even though these mega-popular wines only account for 3% of the region’s wine production.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2016||Vinous Media||93||Mar 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2016||James Suckling||93||Nov 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2016||Wine and Spirits||91||Feb 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2016||Wine Advocate||91||Jun 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2016||Wine Spectator||90||Apr 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2015||Vinous Media||94||May 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2012||Wine Advocate||90||Apr 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 93 Vintage 2016 Vinous Media The 2016 Dogliani Superiore Bricco Botti is a powerful, brooding wine. Smoke, leather, licorice, game, incense and wild black cherry add to an impression of gravitas and virile power in this potent Dogliani. The tannins could use a bit of time to soften, but there is no shortage of personality or character here - that much is certain. The 2016 takes Dolcetto into another level of expression and dimension. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 93 Vintage 2016 James Suckling A linear and compressed red with lots of blue-fruit and slate undertones to the firm tannins. Full body. Tight and racy. From dolcetto and always excellent. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2016 Wine and Spirits Bricco Botti aged in large, untoasted French oak barrels for two years, developing notes of cacao, licorice and espresso layered into its dark cherry and raspberry flavors. For all of its dark richness and dense concentration, the wine finishes balanced and dry, lingering on warm spice notes. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2016 Wine Advocate The 2016 Dogliani Superiore Bricco Botti represents one of the most profound and sophisticated expressions of this popular Piedmont grape variety. The Dogliani appellation is specifically recognized for the purity and authenticity of those dark berry flavors and the bright acidity that is associated with Dolcetto. This cool-vintage wine is sharp, focused and bright with loads of primary fruit. However, there is enough softness and meat here to soften the mouthfeel. This is textbook Dogliani, and worthy of a brasato al Barolo, although you'll be forgiven if you want to marinate the beef in a more economical red. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2016 Wine Spectator Pure and elegant, with concentrated flavors of blackberry, plum and mint. A polished texture and dense tannins serve to showcase the fruit. Fine length. Drink now through 2024. 550 cases made, 125 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 94 Vintage 2015 Vinous Media The 2015 Dogliani Superiore Bricco Botti shows just how serious Dolcetto can be as a grape. Powerful and resonant in the glass, the 2015 possesses terrific richness and nuance. Lavender, sage, menthol and pine give the 2015 an attractive savory register to play off the resonant inky fruit. All the elements are wonderfully fused together in this super-expressive Dogliani from Pecchenino. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2012 Wine Advocate With floral tones and red rose, the 2012 Dogliani Superiore Bricco Botti is an interesting proposition. It brings notes of dried earth and granite, giving it a unique personality. Shelf Talker Full Page Review