Siri d’Jermu Dogliani Superiore DOCG
- Tasting Notes
- ColorRuby red with violet highlights.
- NoseIntense bouquet of ripe fruits with notes of currants, blackberries and black cherries.
- FlavorThe flavor is balanced with smooth, sweet tannins and a persistent finish
Piedmont At a Glance
Region Name Piedmont
Piemonte is considered by many the top wine region of Italy, being the land of Barolo and Barbaresco, even though these mega-popular wines only account for 3% of the region’s wine production.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2018||Wine Spectator||91||Apr 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||Vinous Media||93||Mar 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||James Suckling||92||Nov 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||Wine and Spirits||91||Feb 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||Wine Spectator||90||Oct 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2016||Vinous Media||92||May 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2013||Wine Advocate||91||Apr 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 91 Vintage 2018 Wine Spectator There is an extra dimension to this red, with fine depth to its raspberry, cherry, currant, mineral and anise flavors. It's fluid, yet well-structured too, with a light astringency offsetting the fruit on the long finish. Drink now through 2024. 2,000 cases made, 400 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 93 Vintage 2017 Vinous Media Unctuous and rich, the 2017 Dogliani Superiore Sirì d'Jermu hits the palate with an exotic array of crème de cassis, lavender, mint and sweet spices. Even with all of its flamboyance, the 2017 remains a mid-weight wine with terrific energy and focus. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 92 Vintage 2017 James Suckling Lovely, grapey fruit with black-cherry and orange-zest character. Medium body. Firm tannins. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2017 Wine and Spirits Scents of violet and soft spice lead into this wine’s flavors of ripe plum and raspberry, all of it underlined by slatey mineral tones. The bold fruit flavors are reminiscent of a Russian River Valley pinot noir, while firm tannins make it a versatile partner at the dinner table. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2017 Wine Spectator Pretty flavors of ripe pomegranate, blackberry and violet are the hallmarks of this supple Dolcetto. Firm, yet stays balanced in the end. Drink now through 2024. 2,000 cases made, 300 cases imported. — BS Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 92 Vintage 2016 Vinous Media The 2016 Dogliani Superiore Sirì d'Jermu is powerful, dense and structured, with beams of tannin that give the wine its shape and overall energy. Raspberry jam, pomegranate, mint, blood orange and spice all build in this super-expressive, potent Dogliani. Drink it over the next decade. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2013 Wine Advocate Here's a broad-shouldered Dolcetto that comes at you full throttle. The 2013 Dogliani Superiore Sirì d'Jermu has a very dark saturated color and deep penetration. It is driven by flavors of smoke, tar and cured meat, but with some good spice at the back too. There are also some more typical notes of morels and blackberry. Shelf Talker Full Page Review