Poderuccio Toscana IGT
- Tasting Notes
- ColorDeep red color with ruby highlights.
- NoseOn the nose it shows very pleasant fruity notes of cherry and black berries, with a fresh balsamic sensation.
- FlavorA wine with a nice structure, a good balance between smoothness and freshness, a nice minerality, well integrated tannins and a long fruity finish.
Tuscany At a Glance
Region Name Tuscany
Chianti, Brunello di Montalcino, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano and Super Tuscans from Bolgheri are some of the world’s most famous wines and are adored by collectors, and they all hail from the gorgeous region of Tuscany.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2018||James Suckling||90||Nov 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Wine Spectator||86||Nov 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||Wine Spectator||92||Oct 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||James Suckling||91||Nov 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2016||Wine and Spirits||87||Apr 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 90 Vintage 2018 James Suckling Lots of blackberries and tar, together with black-olive character on the nose and palate. Full-bodied and structured. A little raw, but should come around nicely with bottle age. Drink from 2020. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 86 Vintage 2018 Wine Spectator An earthy aroma gives way to cherry, bell pepper and mint flavors in this light-bodied red, which tails off quickly on the finish. Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Sangiovese. Drink now. 2,500 cases made, 500 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 92 Vintage 2017 Wine Spectator A ripe style, verging on overripe, boasting plum and blackberry flavors, with iron, leather and wild herb notes. Broad and powerful, revealing a dense layer of tannins on the long, savory finish. Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Sangiovese. Drink now through 2028. 3,333 cases made, 580 cases imported. –BS Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2017 James Suckling Dried red berries, earth, roasted herbs and cedar. Medium body, medium-chewy tannins and a medium finish. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 87 Vintage 2016 Wine and Spirits A blend of merlot with 35 percent cabernet sauvignon and five percent sangiovese, this is earthy and savory, with flavors of fennel and dried leaves woven through the dark fruit flavors. Leathery tannins tighten up that fruit; for steak. Shelf Talker Full Page Review