Nero d’Avola Sicilia DOC
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorDeep purple red color
- NoseThe nose reveals intense fruity notes of blackberry and blueberry compote, together with smoky and spicy notes.
- FlavorOn the palate it is extraordinarily round and complete, with a natural and effortless balance of tannin and acidity, structure and length.
Sicily At a Glance
Region Name Sicily
Sicily is Italy’s southernmost region and the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. For more than 2500 years, Sicily (Sicilia in Italian) has been a significant center of Mediterranean viniculture, although the reputation and style of its wines have changed significantly over that time.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2019||Wine Spectator||87||Oct 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Wine Spectator||86||Dec 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 87 Vintage 2019 Wine Spectator A fresh, lightly chewy red, with fruit-forward black cherry, raspberry and pomegranate flavors that show hints of citrus peel, ground white pepper and loamy earth. Drink now. 33,000 cases made, 4,200 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 86 Vintage 2018 Wine Spectator Fresh and fruit-forward, this round and accessible version offers lively wild cherry and strawberry flavors, accented by grilled herb and smoke notes. Drink now. 16,666 cases made, 2,749 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Page Review