- Domaine Raspail-ay
- Raspail-Ay Gigondas
Red • Mainly Grenache, with Syrah, & Mourvèdre
- Tasting Notes
- NoseAromas of red fruits – raspberries and black cherries – with notes of black pepper, lead to more complex scents of licorice and herbs de Provence.
- FlavorFull-bodied, fruity, fine and well-balanced. Tannins are ripe, the wine fills the mouth with warm, generous flavors yet with an underlying structure that bodes well for future potential. A fruit-forward and accessible wine, Domaine Raspail-Ay is an ideal wine for restaurants.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2021||Vinous Media||95||Jan 2023||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2020||Vinous Media||95||Jan 2023||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2019||Vinous Media||94||Jan 2023||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 95 Vintage 2021 Vinous Media Deep, brilliant ruby-red. Finely detailed, mineral- and spice-accented raspberry, cherry and floral scents are complicated by botanical herb and white pepper notes. Appealingly sweet and energetic on the palate, its intense red fruit, lavender and spicecake flavors pick up smokiness on the back half. Silky, well-knit tannins frame a smooth, impressively long finish that leaves behind red berry liqueur and floral notes. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 95 Vintage 2020 Vinous Media Brilliant ruby-red. An exotically perfumed bouquet evokes fresh red and blue fruits, potpourri and botanical herbs that are complemented by an exotic spice note building in the glass. Stains the palate with intense raspberry, cherry and lavender pastille flavors that steadily deepen with air. Delivers a suave blend of power and finesse and finishes impressively long and floral, with fine-grained tannins adding a discreet grip. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 94 Vintage 2019 Vinous Media Deep magenta. A highly perfumed bouquet evokes ripe cherry, boysenberry, lavender, black tea and smoky minerals. Offers deep but energetic red and blue fruit, floral pastille, exotic spice and succulent herb flavors that spread out slowly as the wine opens up. The floral and spice notes resonate on a long, focused finish framed by fine-grained, steadily building tannins. Shelf Talker Full Page Review