Rosato Bolgheri DOC
- Tasting Notes
- ColorBrilliant dusky pink color.
- NoseThe nose is intense and rich, with notes of fresh herbs, ripe raspberry and cherry.
- FlavorOn the palate it is fresh and well-balanced, with a medium body and a fruity, persistent aftertaste.
Tuscany At a Glance
Region Name Tuscany
Chianti, Brunello di Montalcino, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano and Super Tuscans from Bolgheri are some of the world’s most famous wines and are adored by collectors, and they all hail from the gorgeous region of Tuscany.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2018||Wine Enthusiast||90||Jul 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Wine Advocate||88||May 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||Wine Enthusiast||90||May 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||Wine Advocate||85||May 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 90 Vintage 2018 Wine Enthusiast Made with Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah, this fresh, tangy rosato boasts juicy primary flavors of red currant, black cherry and raspberry. Notes of white pepper and Mediterranean herbs accent the fruity flavors. KERIN O’KEEFE Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 88 Vintage 2018 Wine Advocate The 2018 Bolgheri Rosato opens to a pale pink color with light raspberry highlights. The folks at this estate have hit that sweet spot in the rosé color wheel that is bright and luminous, with light copper and raspberry highlights as well. The bouquet here shows some mild menthol tones with wild berry and wild rose. There is a tangy touch of citrus with invigorating acidity to close out the snappy finish. The blend of grapes used is 50% Merlot, 30% Syrah and 20% Cabernet Sauvignon. Some 10,000 bottles were produced. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2017 Wine Enthusiast This savory rosato has inviting aromas of red berry and crushed wild herb. On the bright, juicy palate, you'll find succulent Marasca cherry, black raspberry and a hint of ground clove before the tangy close. KERIN O’KEEFE Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 85 Vintage 2017 Wine Advocate The color of the 2017 Bolgheri Rosato is dark and remarkably saturated for a rosé, especially for one that sees so little maceration and pressing time. The Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah are all fermented in stainless steel. This wine represents a second selection of fruit, with the best fruit going to the top-shelf wines. It is not very intense in the mouth, but it does show pretty notes of wild strawberry and cherry. Shelf Talker Full Page Review