Rosso di Montalcino DOC
- Tasting Notes
- ColorRuby red color.
- NoseNose of rose petals and crushed flowers together with bright red fruit such as ripe cherry.
- FlavorConcentrated, but soft; well-balanced with acidity.
Tuscany At a Glance
Region Name Tuscany
Chianti, Brunello di Montalcino, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano and Super Tuscans from Bolgheri are some of the world’s most famous wines and are adored by collectors, and they all hail from the gorgeous region of Tuscany.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2018||Vinous Media||93||Apr 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Wine Enthusiast||91||Jul 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||Wine Advocate||91||Jul 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 93 Vintage 2018 Vinous Media Medium bright red. Candied raspberry, blueberry, and flowers on the nose and in the mouth. Suave but still youthfully tight, vibrant and perfumed on the long steely finish. A bright Rosso that finishes clean and seamless, featuring terrific cut and length. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2018 Wine Enthusiast Youthfully vibrant, this racy Rosso opens with enticing aromas of wild berry, fragrant blue flower and earthy whiffs of leather and tilled soil. On the bright tangy palate, notes of star anise and thyme accent crushed strawberry alongside lively acidity and lithe tannins. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2017 Wine Advocate Alessia Salvioni and her family did not make Brunello in 2014. Therefore, the only wine to taste during my winery visit this year was the 2017 Rosso di Montalcino. This is a charming and informal wine that reveals good volume and richness. The wine is redolent of wild cherry, blackberry and light touches of subtle spice. Nothing is out of place. The quality of the fruit depends on the older vines of the estate plus the thicker soils of the vineyards that are able to retain moisture even in warm vintages such as this. Careful fruit selection was implemented to achieve this quality. Shelf Talker Full Page Review