San Magno Cesanese del Piglio DOCG
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorRed ruby color
- NoseThe bouquet on the nose is intense and complex with notes of ripe fruits, leather, tobacco and licorice.
- FlavorOn the palate it is rich, full-bodied, offering additional aromas of wild cherry, coffee bean and toasted oak. Ripe soft tannins and a lingering finish.
Lazio At a Glance
Region Name Lazio
Lazio is a region in central Italy, and home to the ancient capital city of Rome. The region’s reputation is mainly based on its white wines, the mainstay grape varieties being Trebbiano, Malvasia di Candia and Malvasia Puntinata.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2016||Wine Spectator||89||Aug 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2016||Wine Enthusiast||88||Sep 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2015||Vinous Media||91||Aug 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 89 Vintage 2016 Wine Spectator A well-knit, medium-bodied red, layering chalky tannins with a sweet note of steeped black cherry, showing accents of spice, leather and minerally iron. Fresh and balanced, with a savory touch of herbed green olive on the finish. Drink now through 2026. 450 cases made, 35 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 88 Vintage 2016 Wine Enthusiast This Cesanese offers aromas of dark-skinned berry, cedar and cooking spice. The firm palate shows black currant, clove and a touch of hazelnut alongside taut tannins. KERIN O’KEEFE Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2015 Vinous Media The 2015 Cesanese San Magno pulls you close to the glass with its beguiling bouquet of crushed blackberries and plums complemented by violet florals, lavender and wet stone. Here I’m finding the silkiest of textures, along with a polished display of ripe red and black fruits, and sweet tannins that slowly build toward the close. Nothing seems out of place as the 2015 tapers off harmonious and lightly structured, leaving savory herbs and spices to mingle through the finale. Shelf Talker Full Page Review