Riesling Valle Isarco DOC
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorPale yellow color with greenish reflections
- NoseElegant bouquet on the noseshowing notes of white peach, apricot, green apple and sambuco flower.
- FlavorOnthe palate it is fresh and smooth, with a pleasant lively acidity and a longmineral finish.
Alto Adige At a Glance
Region Name Alto Adige
In the northernmost reaches of Italy, close to the Austrian border, the dramatic landscape is a fitting backdrop to one of the world’s most important wine-producing areas.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2020||Vinous Media||91||Dec 2023||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2019||Wine Advocate||93||Feb 2022||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2019||Vinous Media||89||Jun 2022||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Wine Advocate||91||Sep 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 91 Vintage 2020 Vinous Media An invigorating blend of shaved orange rinds, spring flowers and crushed green apples makes the 2020 Riesling a total pleasure on the nose. This is round with a balanced inner sweetness, mixing tropical melon with zest acidity to create a pure and energetic wine. It leaves a coating of saline minerals and spice hints while tapering off with medium length. The 2020 is well-chiseled and nicely refined. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 93 Vintage 2019 Wine Advocate Strasserhof presents an exemplary Riesling in this vintage that posed some challenges along the away, especially in terms of adverse weather. The 2019 Alto Adige Valle Isarco Riesling is unscathed, showing round and shapely aromas of tropical fruit, preserved lemon, green mango, crushed stone, honey and acacia flower. There are hints of white licorice and aniseed and even a touch of white pepper that gives the wine a spicy close. These results are elegant, fine and poised to evolve over the next years. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 89 Vintage 2019 Vinous Media The 2019 Riesling is smoky and spicy, with pungent florals and sharp citrus notes giving way to ground ginger. Its medium-bodied textures are nicely contrasted by a mix of lemon and lime plus bright acidity and cascading mineral tones. Thereâ€™s so much energy and tension here, as this leans toward the savory spectrum, tapering off with a salty flourish. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2018 Wine Advocate The Strasserhof 2018 Alto Adige Valle Isarco Riesling offers a pretty combination of citrus aromas with dried herb and light diesel fumes. The whole ensemble is very delicate and nuanced, and you can count on those aromas to grow and take on more volume with another year or so of bottle age. Only half the mass is aged in large oak casks. Some 9,000 bottles were made. Shelf Talker Full Page Review