Sylvaner Valle Isarco DOC
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorPale straw yellow color with golden emerald highlights
- NoseElegant, fresh bouquet on the nose with aromas of citrus fruits, apple and banana.
- FlavorOn the palate it is fresh,soft, well-balanced, with a decisive minerality and a long fruity finish.
Alto Adige At a Glance
Region Name Alto Adige
In the northernmost reaches of Italy, close to the Austrian border, the dramatic landscape is a fitting backdrop to one of the world’s most important wine-producing areas.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2020||Wine Spectator||90||Dec 2023||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2020||Vinous Media||89||Dec 2023||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2019||Wine Advocate||92||Feb 2022||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 90 Vintage 2020 Wine Spectator A lightly fleshy, light-bodied white framed by succulent acidity, with hints of beeswax, smoke and lemon curd enriching a well-cut mix of baked melon and salted Marcona almond notes. Drink now through 2027. 2,000 cases made, 25 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 89 Vintage 2020 Vinous Media The 2020 Sylvaner opens with a burst of fresh apples, chamomile and sweet mint. This is round and soothing on the palate, with ripe orchard fruits nicely accentuated by lime-tinged acidity. It finishes a bit shorter than anticipated yet crisp and wonderfully refreshing. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 92 Vintage 2019 Wine Advocate The Strasserhof 2019 Alto Adige Valle Isarco Sylvaner is a crisp and luminous expression with a beautiful, albeit slightly austere, bouquet. The wine presents delicate aromas of Meyer lemon, quince, pear and toasted pine nut. There is a floral element to the bouquet, but perhaps more impactful is the wine's linear and focused minerality. To the mouth, this Sylvaner from the Dolomites is full of dynamic energy and tension. Shelf Talker Full Page Review