CampoRe Fiano Di Avellino DOCG
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorStraw yellow color with golden reflections.
- NoseComplex and elegant with notes of mature fruit such as pears and citurs, with hints of honey, acacia flowers and vanilla.
- FlavorRich and ripe in the mouth with good length.
Campania At a Glance
Region Name Campania
Like many Italian regions, Campania is home to an impressive array of grape varieties, some found almost nowhere else on earth. Its most important variety is arguably Aglianico, the grape behind the region’s two most famous and respected red wines: Taurasi and Aglianico del Taburno.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2016||Wine Spectator||92||Nov 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2016||Wine Advocate||92||Aug 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2015||Wine Spectator||91||Sep 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2015||Wine Enthusiast||88||Nov 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2013||Wine Advocate||91||Aug 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2008||James Suckling||92||Nov 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 92 Vintage 2016 Wine Spectator Lush notes of baked white peach, toasted hazelnut and lemon meringue pie are backed by a firm and well-meshed spine of acidity in this fragrant white. Medium-bodied and mouthwatering, with pretty accents of spice, chalk and lime blossom lingering on the finely-detailed finish. Drink now through 2026. 1,050 cases made, 50 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 92 Vintage 2016 Wine Advocate The 2016 Fiano di Avellino CampoRe opens to a luminous golden color and bright aromas of lemon zest, bitter almond, garden herb and crushed stone. At the middle of it all is some cushiony fruit that resembles white peach and honeydew melon. This is a gorgeous Fiano di Avellino with a touch of age that comes off as candied fruit and ash. Sample it with a goat cheese appetizer. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2015 Wine Spectator An expressive version, medium-bodied and well-spiced, this knits bright acidity to a round, creamy profile of nectarine, blood orange peel, grilled nut and lime blossom. A tangy streak of saline drives the mouthwatering finish. Drink now through 2025. 1,083 cases made, 75 cases imported. –AN Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 88 Vintage 2015 Wine Enthusiast Toasted almond, acacia honey and pressed yellow flower aromas take shape in the glass. Lean and linear, the firm palate offers oak, vanilla, butterscotch, lemon and a honeyed note alongside bright acidity. KERIN O’KEEFE Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2013 Wine Advocate Here's a brief trip back in time. The Terredora di Paolo 2013 Fiano di Avellino CampoRe brings us back a few years and opens a wide window onto the aging potential of this versatile and popular white grape from Campania. The bouquet offers dried citrus and peach, but the wine is almost equally characterized by crushed stone and light dustings of ash. This vintage's more evolved state points to tangy aromas of dried ginger and powdered licorice. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 92 Vintage 2008 James Suckling Very ripe fruit with black pepper, bark and some clove on the nose. Full-bodied with dense fruit that verges on being jammy, as well as cracked pepper. A little clumsy in the palate, but attractive all the same. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review